Although this picture is labelled as Canada and Cumberland Wharves by Historic England it actually shows four of the six timber wharves which now make up Baltic Wharf. From left to right: Baltic; Onega (Russia); Cumberland; Canada.
Gefle (Sweden) and Chatham are to the right of Mardyke Ferry Road. Chatham is now the marina and Gefle is now partly the Baltic Wharf development and also the marina slipway. The caravan park was part of Baltic and Onega Wharves.
Note also top left the Rownham Mead development over the former Merchants Dock.
Most of the wharves appear to have been named after the places the timber came from. It is likely that Cumberland Wharf followed from the naming of Cumberland Basin and Cumberland Road after Prince Ernest, Duke of Cumberland and King of Hanover (1771- 1851) who visited Bristol in 1803 during the Napoleonic invasion scare and became a freeman of the City.
It is not known where the name Chatham Wharf came from.
Baltic Wharf Caravan Club Site has occupied the area near to Bristol’s Floating Harbour since 1978 and covered part of the old Baltic and Onega Timber Yards. The sheds on the picture above would therefore have been, from right to left, Onega and Cumberland.