Warning: Illegal string offset 'caption' in /home/wildflo7/public_html/bristolcitydocks.co.uk/wp-includes/media.php on line 1698
The area known as Hanover Quay is in recognition of the twinning of Bristol with Hanover in 1947. From at least 1250 until recent times it was known as Cannons Marsh.
The Cannons Marsh Wharves were developed in the 1890s.
Beyond, at Y Shed, is SS Stalheim from Norway with wood-pulp. BR pannier tank loco working.
Vessel in background loading coke at Gas Works jetty.